Sunday, January 2, 2011

Walking by Faith

We started our day off at church this morning. One of the things the preacher mentioned was 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” For some reason it resonated with me and when I came home and I was reading more about the verse, I realized that far too many of the decisions I make on a daily basis are by sight and not by faith. I tend to think of bigger things when I consider my walk by faith and not the day-to-day decisions that affect who I am as a Christian.

The ways I react to things my children do or things that my husband says are far different sometimes than the way I tend to regard my religion as a whole. In many ways I do not project my relationship with God, because I react impulsively without thinking about what He would expect of me. Obviously something I need to work on.

Each of us had to fill out a prayer card so we would have someone to add to our daily prayer list. I am glad to have someone to pray for and I’m excited about the thought of someone praying for my family.  Cole was asked by the preacher to hand out all the cards and distribute them again. Watching him made me realize he is really becoming a great young man. I’m so proud of him!

After church we went to my mother-in-law’s house again for leftovers. She makes the best food so it’s always a treat to eat with her. Audrey and her baby doll wore matching dresses. She got them as a Christmas gift from my parents. She loved the set! I didn’t get a good picture of her in it though because she wouldn’t slow down for very long.

IMG_3598

IMG_3599

When we got home, Audrey got out of the van and walked right through the mud where our pool use to be and she slipped and fell. Being the horrible mother I am (remember I’m a huge fan of physical comedy) I was laughing and then I did the same thing, except luckily I didn’t fall. Needless to say our shoes were covered in mud and I know I probably should learn not to laugh because I always end up being laughed at. Cole thought the whole thing was hilarious and made sure he was the first one inside to tell John.

 IMG_3601

This evening, I gave Audrey a kiss on the forehead and noticed she felt warm. She took her temperature and it was 99.9 degrees. Not high, but not a good sign either. I think she may be getting a cold. Poor thing! A cold rag on her forehead and some Tylenol worked wonders. We have the coolest Vick’s thermometer that shows green, yellow and red after a temp. has been taken to indicate the severity of a temp. After about an hour of having the Tylenol in her system, Audrey took her temp. again and was rejoicing that it was green! Down to 98.9.

IMG_3603

IMG_3605

For dinner, we ate the easiest and most yummy chicken quesadillas. I can say that because Audrey helped make them. We like to make it super unhealthy by serving it with sour cream. Here’s the recipe in case you’re interested. Chicken Quesadillas

IMG_3606

After dinner, Audrey was helping me with the laundry. We always fold it together in my room. I had left to go put away the kitchen towels and when I walked back to the room, this is what I saw. How sweet is that? She was carrying the basket of towels to the laundry room and it was really heavy. We gave her extra kisses for being such a good helper.

IMG_3608

It’s now 10:30 and I’m in denial about having to go to school tomorrow. I truly enjoyed my time home with my family and cannot believe our break is over. Cole gets to enjoy the day at home with John and Audrey. The teachers have  a Professional Development day. I am really anxious though to hear all the stories my students have about their Christmas break and all the gifts they received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...