Saturday, January 1, 2011

This is the way we celebrate

Most of our New Year’s Eve day was spent at home playing, cleaning and just enjoying the fact that we didn’t have much to do.

Audrey and I got her birthday thank-you cards finished. It was great practice for her writing her name and she really enjoyed it. When I made an icky face after licking too many envelopes, she told me she would do it. I think she felt the same way I did about the taste.

IMG_3548IMG_3550

IMG_3551

IMG_3552

After we finished putting away the Christmas decorations, we decided to make a quick run to Wal-Mart. I treated myself to some new Paula Deen cookware with some of my Christmas money. Let’s hope the new pans will make me cook more in 2011 or at least maybe a little better!

IMG_3553

When we were in the check-0ut line at Wal-Mart there was a younger man behind us that had two very large bottles of liquor. The cashier finished ringing up my items and said, “These aren’t yours, too, are they?” I looked at her, looked at my cart and my children and told her no because my things probably weren’t nearly as fun as his.

As I was walking to my van it made me think of how my shopping bags were full of food, things for our home, treats for the kids and that I was very happy that although my idea of fun may be completely different than others, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

When we got home, we immediately put everything away and pulled out our special treat, a bag of Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies. I’m pretty sure we ate 2/3 of the bag last night. It’s a good thing they are more expensive than I like or we would get them all the time.

Cole played a wii game before we watched a few movies. He likes watching Green Acres of all things. It’s so cute!

IMG_3558

Audrey played with her Barbies and her new fairy princess Barbie that she got on sale last night. I love listening to her play with her dolls because she does all these different character voices and she makes her dolls have meaningful conversations. She gets kind of embarrassed when she knows someone is listening.

IMG_3554

IMG_3556

IMG_3557

By 11:00 we are all getting kind of tired. Cole read several books to Audrey and then we all plopped down on the couches to watch Little House on the Prairie and tried to stay awake while John was busy listing ebay auctions.  We made it to midnight and John, Cole and Audrey were in bed very shortly thereafter.

IMG_3560

IMG_3563 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...