Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting for Superman

After school today, a group of over 20 fellow teachers and co-workers went to see the movie Waiting for Superman. The movie was much different than I expected. I was actually pleasantly surprised. Since I don’t like to really get into controversial issues, The whole lottery system for kids getting into charter schools, boarding schools, etc. made me cry. The emotions that the kids were going through like nervousness, anticipation, frustration, etc. were too much.  I guess that is a reality that I am unaware of in my small community.

I walked away feeling like we are pretty blessed to live in an area where teachers genuinely care about their students and are willing to try new things to reach the majority of the learners in our schools. Do we succeed 100% of the time, absolutely not. However, I think that we are constantly striving to continually have high expectations from even the lowest of academic learners. It inspired me to be the best teacher for my students.

IMG_2295

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...