Sunday, October 31, 2010

Date Night

Since I had to go to school to get ready for Parent-Teacher conferences the night of my birthday, John made plans for us to go out on the weekend. He wanted to surprise me, but I couldn’t handle not knowing, so he finally caved. Since we typically go to two larger nearby towns, he decided we needed a change of pace.

We took the kiddos to my mother-in-law’s house and then headed in a completely different direction.

IMG_2077

The kiddos took our pictures before we left.

IMG_2073

We ate at a tiny BBQ place. John had made all our plans based on places he found online. He wasn’t thrilled with the Harley-Davidson decor, so we ate outside in a gazebo. It was cool and rainy, but we were dry and it was great to see all the beautiful trees and colorful leaves. We had a little squirrel that was trying to entertain us, as well.

Since no one else was outside with us, we had to take our own picture. :)

IMG_2085

Then, we drove around for a little bit before we went to the movie theater. We saw Life as We Know It. It really liked the movie, but I think I cried through half of it.

Afterwards, we headed to a tiny frozen custard place on the square.  It was so nice to get out with John and have non-interrupted adult conversation. We realized that we hadn’t actually dated in over two years. Yikes! We definitely need to get out more often, just the two of us.  I know a huge part of it is my fault because I feel guilty leaving the kids. However,  as they are getting older, I know they are okay. I can leave them and know they are having a great time and they don’t need me for everything. It’s good for them, too. 

I can’t wait to go out on our next date soon! I soooo love this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...