Monday, March 21, 2011

Chair stealing and fish healing

After school today, I had to run to Walgreen’s to pick up a steroid pack for my first poison ivy rash of 2011. Not fun! I have it on my eyes, cheeks, neck, lips, ears, arms and tummy. I feel like an itchapotamus! However, our fence row is looking better and I’m so thankful that my eyes didn’t swell shut this time. I’m suppose to do something with Kim from Helping Me Up tomorrow, but I’m not sure she will want to be seen with me.

I’m so thankful that there is medicine that gives me quick relief in the early stages of itchiness. I have no self-control when it comes to itchiness. I barely got out of the Walgreens parking lot before I was popping

IMG_4349

When Cole and I got home, we ate dinner quickly and took Audrey outside to play. She wanted to wear her pajama pants and ladybug boots.  She immediately headed straight for the mud puddles.

IMG_4305

IMG_4297

IMG_4299

IMG_4306

We took a walk to the pond and found an almost dead grass carp. We just had the pond stocked last summer, so it was nice to see such a long fish, just not in this condition.  John tried throwing it into deeper water, but it kept coming back to this spot. It made Cole sad that it was likely going to die, so he found a stick and tried to get it to swim back to the deeper water, but it wouldn’t.

IMG_4312

IMG_4313

On the way back to the house, Cole broke out the metal detector. He loves trying to find things around the fields. He’s found several neat, rusty, old farm machinery pieces, but no big treasure yet. 

IMG_4316

Cole finally let me take a few pictures of him. When he got tired of it, he got silly.

IMG_4328

IMG_4330

IMG_4331

IMG_4334

After bubble blowing, Audrey chased Cole down to tell him a secret.

IMG_4340

I love this picture!

IMG_4341

It ended in her running off to her chair in fear. I’m not sure I want to know what she told him. However, when she got to her chair, this is what she found.

IMG_4345

She wasn’t thrilled because every time she got out of her chair tonight, our dog, Copper, would jump in it and steal it away from her. At one point, Audrey was leaning forward in her chair and the dog jumped up between her back and the chair and sat there while Audrey held the cat. There is barely enough room for Audrey in the chair, so seeing all three of them in the chair was hilarious.

IMG_4325

I am so loving this weather! I hope it sticks around for awhile before it starts getting hot. We left the windows open in the bedroom all night last night and it was so comfy to wake up to this morning.

3 comments:

  1. I love that pic of her whispering in his ear too. That's wall portrait worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you jinxed us by hoping it didn't get too hot.

    Now we might see flurries.

    Agh!

    Love the pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever seen poison ivy when I was younger and in the US - but I've never felt its affects! Well, it's nice to 'meet' you - blogging is such a fun journey sharing our thoughts with people all over the world:) You can visit me too @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Jane:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...