Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

This weekend has been wonderful! Despite the fact that I have been sick almost half the time, I have managed to get things done around the house and have some wonderful quality time with my family.

On Friday, I got home later than usual from school and I wasn’t feeling well, so John watched the kiddos and I took a nap and slept for several hours. It was nice to wake up feeling halfway decent.

Saturday, I cleaned out my side of the garage. I’m not quite finished, but I was in complete simplify mode. John will have to haul off several truck loads of stuff for me, but it was so nice to begin making a dent. I would like to go through all my seasonal decoration bins sometime soon, too. I may be able to park in the garage again soon! :)

While I worked in and out of the garage, the kids played outside. Cole worked on pricing toys for Granny’s yard sale and Audrey kept herself busy playing with the cats and dog and rummaging through all of Cole’s old toys. John also cleaned off the bouncy spring horse for her to play on. It was cute! Cole use to bounce himself silly on it.

Today, we went to Granny’s for lunch. I looked through old photo albums with John. It was cute watching him reminisce. After that, we headed out for a scenic road trip. We ended up going to the Windyville store, several yard sales, Bennett Spring, McDonald’s for fries and back home. I had a migraine from about 4 PM until almost 10, so I was ready to get back home.

Here are some of the pictures from today.

2010-09-05 009

2010-09-05 024

2010-09-05 025

2010-09-6

We had to take pics at the Windyville Store again since Cole’s eyes were closed last time. :)

2010-09-05 012

When we zoomed in on this picture, we laughed and laughed at Audrey's expression when she was looking at Cole. If we only knew what she was thinking.

2010-09-05 015

Doesn’t eating a Sugar Daddy from a general store just scream childhood?

2010-09-05 017

2010-09-05 018

John wanted to show the kids where the spring at Bennett Spring met the Niangua River. Can you see the color difference? The lighter blue in the front is the spring and the brown in the back is the river.

2010-09-05 019

2010-09-05 020

This was John’s first weekend off since he was laid off. I hope that the next 4-5 months go by slowly. I want my family to be able to spend lots of time together before John has to go back to work. There is nothing I like more than spending time with my family.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures of you guys together. Too cute!

    I absolutely adore days like these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...